December is in full swing! If you're looking for some unique gifts this holiday season, check out the Stocking Stuffers collection in our online store! Here's a little more about some of our favourite choices, as well as a couple of simple holiday recipe ideas featuring some of our local goodies!
Featured Stocking Stuffers:
- Lion’s Purr Drink Mix: For a grounding hot cocoa-alternative, whisk our delightful carob-based drink powder into hot milk/mylk and add sweetener of your choice! Contains lion's mane mushroom powder from the Kingston Peninsula.
- Cranberry Sauce: Our classic house-made chutney featuring local organic cranberries and raw honey. This tangy condiment pairs perfectly with turkey or nut loaf.
- Energy Bars: These energy-packed bars are made with love and without refined sugar by our friends Danielle and Mary fromo Snack On! in Sussex!
Sip and Savor: Holiday Recipes
1. Kombucha Holiday Punch:Go alcohol-free this season with some sparkling and delicious local kombucha!
- Mix Valk's GINGER Kombucha with sparkling or tonic water
- Add fresh fruits like cranberries and orange slices, and serve!
- If you want a touch more sweetness, add some local maple syrup (note that honey doesn't dissolve in cold liquid!)
2. Chaga Tea Infused Honey Glazed Carrots
- Chaga tea (brewed)
- Local honey
- Carrots, roasted
- Brew a strong cup of chaga tea
- Mix tea with local honey
- Roast carrots until tender and glaze with the chaga-infused honey!
Get creative and take your own spin on these suggestions! Keep your festivities fresh and full of delight this holiday season.